ATF GETS MORE NFA FUNDS … President Trump’s signature on the federal budget compromise authorized the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives budget, including an NSSF-advocated $13.2 million increase for the National Firearms Act Division. The second budget plus-up in as many years aims to accelerate NFA application handling and provide resources to speed up eForms processing times.
- The U.S. Senate passed the NSSF-supported Natural Resources Management Act which permanently authorizes the fund to buy access corridors and easements to increase public lands access for hunters and recreational shooters.
- As expected, Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak Friday signed Senate Bill 143 into law requiring background checks on private-party firearms transfers. Introduced last Tuesday, the bill was sped through the legislature.
- The Maryland Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee Tuesday will hear SB 390 to authorize the Department of Natural Resources to allow Sunday deer hunting. Contact Chairman Sen. Paul G. Pinsky to urge support.
- NSSF is committed to helping our ranges stay OSHA- and EPA-compliant when handling hazardous wastes. This article helps ranges better classify and handle the different types of waste their facilities naturally generate.
- Equity financing can be difficult to locate for the small to medium-sized business owner. This article can be helpful in matching you with that private equity money you need.
- 2019 SHOT Show Product Spotlight: Consider stocking your shelves with Global Ordnance’s revolutionary product Canmunition, a waterproof, lightproof, oxygen-free environment that can keep your ammunition in tip-top shape for decades.
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF Member Compliance Hotline last week. One question asks, “What information should be entered into the A&D records in regards to the heading “Type” under “Description of Firearm?”
- Interested in learning more about the concealed carry market? Listen to NSSF’s webinar that highlights results from our research on this popular segment.
- USA Shooting has announced that Dan Durben has been hired as National Rifle Coach. A 1988 Olympic Team member and two-time World Cup gold medalist, Durben was National Rifle Team coach from 1997-2000 and Paralympic Shooting Team Coach from 2003-2008.
- Chuck Wahr has been promoted to Global Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Trijicon, Inc. He joined the company in 2015.
- Thirteen USA Shooting athletes are on their way to Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, for the first World Shooting Para Sport (WSPS) World Cup of 2019, starting on Thursday and running through Feb. 24.
- In a Q & A with LetsGoShooting.org, professional shooter and former police officer Dianna Muller shares her passion for 3-Gun shooting.
- As with all aspects of shooting, particularly at long range, learning to properly read the wind requires practice and familiarity with the basics. This LetsGoHunting.org article focuses on how to read environmental elements to assess wind.
- Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter 2-12-2019
- Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter – 2-7-2019
- Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter – 1-30-2019
The post Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter – 2-1-2019 appeared first on OutDoors Unlimited Media and Magazine.