Nikon today announced a versatile new zoom lens for its DX (APS sensor) Z system cameras, the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR. The compact zoom is ideal for photographers who want to carry a single lens, with an equivalent focal length range of 27-210mm.
At the widest end of the range, the lens has a minimum focusing distance of just under 8 inches for close-ups and landscape compositions with prominent foreground objects. It includes optical Vibration Reduction for up to 5 stops of image stabilization.
The lens is also a good value, priced at $599. You can preorder now at B&H, with availability expected in November. For additional details, see the press release below.
THE NIKKOR Z DX 18-140MM F/3.5-6.3 VR IS A HIGH-POWER DX-FORMAT ZOOM LENS FOR Z SERIES MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
MELVILLE, NY (October 13, 2021) – Today, Nikon Inc. has announced the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, the latest NIKKOR Z lens compatible with APS-C size (Nikon DX-format) mirrorless cameras.
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 7.8x high-power zoom lens that is extremely compact and easy to carry, with a total length of approx. 3.6-inches (90mm) and weight of approx. 11.2 oz (315g). Its wide focal-length range makes the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm ideal for capturing a variety of subjects, from travel to daily snapshots and everything in between.
The lens achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both still shooting and video recording. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots such as shooting flowers or tabletop photography. The lens also realizes high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop1 increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR:
- Covers a focal-length range of 18mm to 140mm (27mm-210mm, 35mm angle of view equivalent), convenient for capturing stills and videos of a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits.
- The short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at max wide-angle) is optimum for close-up shots.
- The maximum reproduction ratio of 0.33x at the maximum telephoto position enables rendering of subjects in large size.
- Equipped with an optical VR mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed.
- High resolution achieved consistently across the entire zoom range, from maximum aperture.
- Ideal for shooting video, with effective reduction of shifting of focus when zooming in/out and shifting of angle of view when adjusting focus.
- Select functions can be assigned to the control ring for stills and video.
- Fast, precise and quiet AF operation is attained with the employment of an STM (stepping motor).
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.
Pricing and Availability:
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR telephoto zoom lens will be available starting in November (US) for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $599.95*. For more information about the latest Nikon products, including this new NIKKOR Z lens and the entire Nikon Z series cameras, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
The post Nikon Debuts New DX-Format 18-140mm Zoom For Z System appeared first on Outdoor Photographer.