HUNTERS HELP FEED THOSE IN NEED . . . During this season of giving, we want to remind everyone of the generosity of hunters whose donations of venison provide millions of meals to the less fortunate across the country. Help spread this positive message by sharing NSSF’s infographics that detail the importance of these donations and the health benefits of eating venison.
U.S. HOUSE PASSES FIX NICS ACT AND CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY . . . By a vote of 231 to 198 the U.S. House passed the bipartisan H.R. 38. The legislation also includes NSSF-backed Fix NICS provisions that encourages states and requires federal agencies to submit all disqualifying records to the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
NSSF EXPLAINS FIXNICS® . . . With U.S. House passage of H.R. 38, as amended to include the Fix NICS Act, there has been an abundance of misinformation spread. Despite what some have falsely claimed, this bill will help to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them and do so while not interfering with the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. NSSF’s Larry Keane explains.
SHOT SHOW NEWS
- Do you fully understand what the term “negligent entrustment” means? Don’t get caught up in costly and unnecessary litigation. This 2018 SHOT Show Retailer Seminar tells you what you need to know.
- NSSF has created the Supplier Showcase Product Development Center to feature those tools, logistics, software and other products that will make an impact with manufacturers in the shooting and outdoor sporting industries.
- What should you have on your website, when should you have it and is that online presence driving people into your store or converting their shopping into completed sales? Learn how to enhance your online presence at SHOT Show University!
- Learn how to become a successful executive in today’s competitive world with Jason Selk, at SHOT Show’s premier educational offering, the Executive Management Seminar. Seats are limited, register today.
- If you’re hedging a bet you can book a room at a great rate near the Sands the week before the show, your chances of winning the next Powerball are probably higher. NSSF offers discounts through onPeak. See what’s still available.
- Join the conversation on 2018 SHOT Show events, exhibits and news and connect with other showgoers on the SHOT Show LinkedIn page.
- Visit shotshow.org for more SHOT Show news.
More NSSF News
- NSSF thanked Interior Sec. Ryan Zinke for making hunting and recreational shooting a priority in his Monument Review recommendations for the Trump administration and the Department of the Interior.
- ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee that the ATF is looking for public comment on bump stocks. The comment period will remain open for 30 days and the review will take several months.
- Too many small businesses don’t have a website or ignore one they started years ago and they’re missing out. For today’s consumer, online presence is vital.
- Most FFLs wisely invest in closed-circuit security camera systems. One question many are asking today is, “Is there value in installing a public-view monitor at the front entrance or over the gun counter to alert criminals to your camera system?”
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks, “Is a United States-issued passport a valid form of identification for a firearms purchaser to provide to an FFL?”
- The November 2017 NSSF-adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) figure of 1,457,103 is a decrease of 12.3 percent compared to the November 2016 figure. Log in to see the full data.
- TRENDING: Forget listing “doctor’s appointment” as a reason to pull your child out of school. A father from Richmond, Texas, is going viral after he says he came out with the truth: he wanted to take his daughter deer hunting.
- Houston Safari Club’s Hunting Expo and Convention will have double the exhibitors and is moving to the larger George R. Brown Convention Center in 2018.
- The Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA) recently announced that registration is now open for its 13th annual business conference, to be held June 12-15, 2018, in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- The first Henry Repeating Arms 20th Anniversary Edition Big Boy rifle, Serial No. #1, sold for $25,225, with all proceeds benefitting the Hunting Heritage Trust. Serial Nos. 2 through 4 are up for auction at GunBroker.com through Dec. 10.
- TRENDING: A deer hunter in Maine helped save a drowning buck when he spotted it treading water in a partially frozen lake.
- The holidays are just around the corner. As hunters, shooters and collectors it’s a natural instinct to want to share our enjoyment of firearms with others. What better way to do that than to make a gift of a firearm?
- As you continue your online shopping this holiday season, remember to use AmazonSmile and choose Project ChildSafe, Inc., as your preferred charity to help support the efforts of NSSF’s program to promote safe firearms storage practices.