COUNTDOWN: 20 DAYS UNTIL SHOT SHOW . . . Are you ready for the 2018 SHOT Show? With only 20 days until the opening of the 2018 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, Jan. 23-26, now is the time to solidify your plans. If you haven’t done so already book your travel now and download the SHOT Show app. Also register for educational seminars or other SHOT Week events at shotshow.org.
- Whether it’s in preparation for your final days of doing business or a much looked forward to retirement, you should have a strategy in place. Gene Marks will help you focus on what you need to do to build value in your company and position it to be sold.
- The Retailer Seminar “Operation Secure Store” will help you keep your FFLs secure from thefts and prepared for the aftermath if one does occur.
- The SHOT Show is celebrating its 40th Anniversary with interviews from today’s top outdoor writers and exhibitors. Wayne Van Zwoll contributed the sixth article in the series, an interview with Swarovski’s Dean Capuano.
- Whether your range is stuck in the “dark ages” and you’re ready to make improvements, or you’re building a new shooting facility from the ground up, the SHOT Show University session “New Range Technologies” is for you.
- Integration of man and machine used to be the province of big business. Not anymore. This SHOT Show Retailer Seminar shows how technology is beneficial for all FFLs.
- If you’re hedging a bet you can book a room at a great rate near the Sands the week before the show, your chances of winning the next Powerball are probably higher. NSSF offers discounts through onPeak. See what’s still available.
- Join the conversation on 2018 SHOT Show events, exhibits and news and connect with other showgoers on the SHOT Show LinkedIn page.
More Gun Industry News
- Gun buybacks are popular with municipal authorities but waste tax dollars. Now, some medical professionals are advocating them. The NSSF’s Larry Keane takes on this attempt to recast gun control as a public health issue.
- SHOT Week’s Retailer Seminars offer advice and education from top-level speakers who can pass on their subject-matter expertise to retailers and range owners. See this year’s seminar lineup here!
- NSSF’s “Behind the Firing Line” recognizes five-star ranges so that other ranges working to make the grade can discover ideas and guidance for their own improvement. We delve into the new security enhancements at the VRA range.
- What a difference a sign makes! Highly visible signage detailing your FFL’s physical security features can send the criminals to an easier target. Check out more FFL security tips here.
- NSSF would like to remind its members that they can call our Retail Member Hotline toll-free at 855-FFL-NSSF (335-6773) for help regarding compliance, transactions, legislation or any other topic.
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks, “Is a NICS background check valid for 30 days from when the check was initiated, or from when a ‘proceed’ is issued?”
- The December 2017 NSSF-adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) figure of 1,621,261 is a decrease of 12.2 percent compared to the December 2016 figure. Log in to see the full data.
- The Outdoor Writers Association of America encourages outdoor communicators to submit applications by March 1 for the 2018 John Madson Fellowship, providing for educational opportunities to enhance communication skills.
The post Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter 1-5-2018 appeared first on ODU Magazine-North America's #1 Digital Fishing Magazine.