A state record yellow perch was caught by Clinton Mills of Ravenswood, West Virginia on Feb. 24, 2018. Mills caught the 14.5-inch, 2.04-pound fish on a 10-pound test line with live bait while fishing from a boat on Summersville Lake in Nicholas County.
Mills’ yellow perch establishes a new West Virginia record for weight, exceeding the 1.93-pound fish caught by Joshua Estes from Summersville Lake in 2012.
Anglers who believe that they have caught a state record fish should check the record listing in the 2019 Fishing Regulations brochure. The brochure also outlines the procedure to follow for reporting their catch. This information is also available online at www.wvdnr.gov.
- Missouri Has A New Record Brown Trout For Sure – Beats Past Record By Pounds (Video Links)
- IowaSportsman.com Reported It 1st – New Record Perch
- New Record Maybe? Massive 450 Pound Yellowfin Boated
- Groundhog Reservoir Rainbow Trout Make The Record Books
- Longnose Gar Record Broken In Maryland
- New Alternative Gear Walleye Record for Missouri