NSSF HUNTING HERITAGE GRANT PROGRAM OPEN … NSSF and Hunting Heritage Trust’s newly established million-dollar grant program is now open for application. Established in Oct. 2018 and funded equally by NSSF and the Hunting Heritage Trust, this first of its kind grant program works to support hunting and the shooting sports recruitment, retention and reactivation programs by funding proposed solutions.
MASS. AG’s FEDERAL SUIT APPEAL DISMISSED … A U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit panel dismissed an appeal by Mass. Attorney General Healey in a federal lawsuit brought by four firearms retailers and NSSF. “We are very pleased that the judges saw the total lack of merit in the appeal and, in a rare move, dismissed it on the very same day they heard oral arguments,” NSSF’s Larry Keane said in a press release.
SEN. FEINSTEIN’S ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN IS BACK … U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has introduced S. 66, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019. Similar to previously introduced legislation she and others sponsored, it would ban modern sporting rifles based on cosmetic features and adds characteristics not previously listed. NSSF opposes the legislation.
More NSSF Articles:
- In our Retailer Seminar “Successful New Hiring Programs,” we cover the difficulties many in our industry have encountered in finding the right people to employ, while teaching strategies to help your business find and keep the right employees.
- In this week’s “Blast From the Past” column Jacob Edson explains how participation in the SHOT Show has been vital to Vista Outdoor and Bushnell’s performance each year.
- Does your company sponsor ambassadors or events in the shooting sports, hunting or outdoor lifestyle? Come visit with our panel of industry professionals at our special SHOT Show Exhibitor Seminar, Wednesday Jan. 23 from 7:30-8:30 a.m., to discuss how your company can better leverage your investments.
- Reminder: The SHOT Show is no longer mailing attendee or media badges. We have selected several locations to make picking up your badge easy and convenient. Find the badge pickup location that works best for you.
- Join the conversation on 2019 SHOT Show events, exhibits and news and connect with other showgoers on the SHOT Show LinkedIn page.
- U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hosted a press conference to introduced the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019 to require background checks on all firearms transfers, including between family members. Similar legislation, S. 42, was introduced in the Senate. NSSF opposes the bills.
- The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission has yet to act to approve Sunday hunting on public land more than a year after the passage of authorizing legislation. Please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also attend upcoming WRC meetings
- October 2018 U.S. import and export totals for several sporting arms, ammunition and optics categories are now available. Log in and select the Industry Research link to see a breakdown of the 2018 data compared to that of 2017.
- NSSF is pleased to announce that Paul Chartier, Executive VP and CFO of O.F. Mossberg & Sons, and Tom Gresham, author, magazine editor, video producer, and television host, have been appointed to its Board of Governors.
- NSSF’s Mark Oliva joined NRA TV’s Dana Loesch to talk about reversing the long-running decline in the number of hunters and outline NSSF’s initiatives in this effort, including the industry’s +ONE℠ program.
- This month’s industry perspective article “From the Counter” highlights innovative marketing strategies from Mountain View Sports, an independent retailer in Anchorage Alaska.
- LetsGoShooting.org shared tips for better long-range accuracy from former U.S. Army Ranger sniper team leader Ryan Cleckner.
The post Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter – 1-16-2019 appeared first on OutDoors Unlimited Media and Magazine.