NSSF BACKS PRESIDENT’S PLAN . . . NSSF® is supporting President Trump’s school safety plan to help ensure children are kept safe and firearms remain beyond the reach of prohibited individuals. The plan includes NSSF-backed Fix NICS legislation that would encourage states and require federal agencies to upload all disqualifying criminal and adjudicated mentally ill records to the NICS database.
TOM TAYLOR TO JOIN NSSF BOARD OF GOVERNORS. . . The NSSF Board of Governors is pleased to announce the appointment of its newest board member, Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, of SIG SAUER. Taylor will be filling a seat left vacant by the departure of Colt Manufacturing’s Dennis Veilleux, with his term expiring at the end of 2019.
FIREARMS INDUSTRY COMPLIANCE CONFERENCE . . . This annual conference, offered in partnership by Orchid Advisors and NSSF, delves deep into ATF compliance and technology affecting our industry’s retailers, wholesalers, distributors and manufacturers. Registration is open for the 5th annual FICC, taking place May 16-18 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Learn more about our firearms e-commerce session.
Other NSSF News
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott Friday signed SB 7026 into law, increasing the age for all firearms purchases to 21 and requiring a three-day waiting period with limited exceptions.
- NSSF has posted a fact sheet for federally licensed firearms retailers that notes states with statutes barring age-based discrimination that could apply to the sale of firearms.
- The California Supreme Court will hear arguments on April 4 in the suit originally brought by NSSF and SAAMI in 2014 challenging the state’s microstamping law.
- Over the past four years, we have been seeing more and more brazen acts of burglary, primarily the smash-and-grab event that is often broadcast on the evening news. Learn why and protect your FFL.
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks, “What should a FFL do when it finds it has lost a completed Form 4473 and a thorough search of the premises fails to find it?”
- NSSF commissions a quarterly Hunting License Sales Index Report, which provides an unusually early preview of hunting license sales data. Members log in and select “Industry Research” at the top of the page for the 2017 Q1-Q4 report.
- The December 2017 U.S. import and export totals for several sporting arms, ammunition and optics categories are now available. Log in to see a breakdown for December 2017 compared to December 2016, including Q4 and annual data.
- Millions of people participate in clay target sports activities each year. Learn more about NSSF research on this segment with this brief video.
- Learn how Sportsman’s Loft, a firearms retailer from North Dakota, made the most of the 2018 SHOT Show in the latest “Working the Show.”
- The OWAA/Norm Strung Youth Writing Awards contest allows young writers to showcase their skills and win cash prizes totaling $1,400. Deadline is March 15. Entries must have been written in 2017.
- Six-time Olympic medalist Kim Rhode and two-time Olympic champion Vincent Hancock captured gold medals in skeet at the 2018 ISSF season-opening World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Popular NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will serve as this year’s National Hunting and Fishing Day Honorary Chair. The annual celebration is set for Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018.